Canine Circus School: October – November 2014
Class Schedule (scroll down for list of classes)
-All Classes meet for 6-weeks of fun, held beneath the East Bay sun in Oakland (on the border of Emeryville). Where do I begin? At Canine Circus School, all new students begin with Introduction to Circus 1. No prior dog training experience needed to take our Introductory Circus Class.
Call us if you have any questions. 415 779 6550 or email
Please visit our pretty policy page to see age requirements, vaccination and refund information.
Price and payment options: You will find prices for classes listed under each class description. To reserve your class, you have the option to pay online or to mail a check. If paying by check address to, Friends of the Family Dog Training, and mail to 1005 53rd Street, Oakland, CA 94609.
~Scroll down for list of Classes~
Our Circus 1 Class is where all new students begin their training at Canine Circus School. (You’ve never been in a training class? No problem.) In this class we teach you many of the obedience and trick drills that we do in our more advanced classes in easy steps that anyone can follow. A big part of Circus 1 is getting your dog used to working around other dogs. To do this we start spaced at a distance, over the course of the six weeks we get closer and closer until the dogs are maintaining complete focus on their handlers but working in close proximity to other dogs.
Circus Class is much more than just trick training, Circus 1 is about becoming an excellent handler and teacher. We cover more real world scenarios than any obedience class. We build confidence to perform in challenging environments and set a great foundation that does not conflict with, but only enhances, other training disciplines.
Circus 1 Class:
- Tuesday evening class, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM, starts Sept. 30, meets weekly through Nov. 4;
- Thursday afternoon class, 12:30 PM– 1:30 PM, starts Oct. 2, meets weekly through Nov. 6;
- Thursday evening class, 5:30 PM- 6:30 PM, starts Oct. 2, meets weekly through Nov. 5;
- Sunday afternoon class, 2 PM – 3 PM, starts Oct. 5, meets weekly through Nov. 9.
Returning students email us which class to hold or call 415-779-6550.
Circus 1 Small Dog Class (this class is for Small Dogs ONLY, up to 25 lbs.)
- Sunday morning class, 11 AM − 12 PM, starts October 5, meets weekly through November 9.
*The classes above are for both first time students and returning Circus 1 students to Canine Circus School. The class costs $260 for new students and $195 for returning students, 6-week course.
Returning Students email us which class to hold or call us 415-779-6550
Prepay to reserve your spot
Circus 1.5 Class:
In the Circus 1.5 Class our drills get faster and more complicated. The dog works with more independence from the handler and with more control.
- Thursday morning class, 11 AM- 12 PM, starts October 2, meets weekly through November 6;
- Sunday afternoon class, 4 PM – 5 PM, starts October 5, meets weekly through November 9.
Circus 1.5 Small Dog Class (this class is for Small Dogs ONLY, up to 25 lbs.)
- Sunday class, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM, starts October 5, meets weekly through November 9.
This class is for students who have completed Circus 1 and students who are returning to the 1.5 Ring; $260, 6-week course for new students; $195 for returning students.
email us which class time to hold and prepay to reserve your spot in class.
~Scroll down for Circus 2 Classes~
email us and prepay to reserve your spot in class.
Circus 2 Class:
Circus 2 students must be approved by Instructor. Circus 2 Class is our advanced class. We begin to get our drills and team work to be performance ready. Dogs work in close proximity on advanced tricks.
- Tuesday morning class, 11 AM-12 PM, starts Sept. 30, meets weekly through Nov. 4;
- Sunday evening class, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM, starts Oct. 5, meets weekly through Nov. 9.
*This class is for both returning and new students. Returning Circus 2 students pay $195; New students pay $260; 6-week course.
email us which class time to hold, and prepay to reserve your spot.
Please call 415-779-6550, if you have any questions!